THE FOUNDATION

PHILOSOPHY

Since 1985, the Fondation Aide aux Enfants has devoted itself to improving of the lives of the poorest citizens of Colombia. The Foundation’s “Bambi” homes take in children between 0 and 6 years of age who live in extreme situations in order to give them back their physical and psychological balance. At the same time, the Foundation takes care of a central family problem by helping these children’s parents to become financially autonomous on a long term basis through its professional training program PROMEFA.

More information

HISTORY

The first Bambi home was opened in 1985, at the initiative of Dr. Rupert Spillmann. While he was working on a tropical disease study in Cali, Columbia, he was struck by the lack of pre-school institutions for children living in slums and decided to create the first home. From Geneva, his cousin, Hans Rudi Spillmann has ensured the continuity of this project as President of the Foundation Aide aux Enfants, created in 1989.

More information

MISSION STATEMENT

According to official numbers, there are 5 million children under the age of 5 in Colombia. Fifty-six percent of them live below the poverty line. It is our mission to provide vital support to underprivileged children, to strengthen their parent's socio-economic stability and to find sustainable solutions for the future.

More information

FINANCING

40% of the Bambi Homes' finances come from Switzerland, the other 60% from Colombia. Private donors, companies, foundations, cities cantons and communities give financial support to our programs. Fundraising is centralized in Geneva, with the exception of the Darién home. 

More information

BAMBI HOMES

OUR ACTIVITIES

So far, about 16’300 children were taken into the Foundation’s four “Bambi” homes located in Bogota, Cali, Medellin, and Darien Valle.
 Thanks to the PROMEFA program, more than 4’200 mothers and fathers have succeeded in building a better future.

General situation Homes Programs Impact Recognition

HOW TO SUPPORT US

YOUR DONATION

Your donation supports:

  • Target-specific activities for 0-6 year old children in Colombia
  • Sustainable solutions for the entire family through professional training for the childrens’ parents 
Your donations

MEDIAS

Contacts

Switzerland
Fondation Aide aux Enfants
Diane Grobet Granelli 
Rue de la Corraterie 12 - P.O. Box 5143
1211 Geneva 11 / Switzerland
T: +41 (0) 22 810 16 16 F: +41 (0) 22 310 25 24
info@fondation-bambi.org 
www.fondation-bambi.org

Colombia
Fundación Ayuda a la Infancia
Diana Palacio
Trnsv 5 Q # 48 J – 24 Sur
T: +57 (1) 738 75 35 / +57 (1) 279 71 50
fundayudainfancia@gmail.com
www.hogaresbambi.org

United States
American Friends of the Bambi Homes Colombia
Ilana Levin
P.O. Box 231542, New York, NY 10023
bambihomes@gmail.com 
www.bambihomescolombia.org

Send