Organisation

Finances: 40% of the Bambi Homes' finances come from Switzerland, the other 60% from Colombia. Private donors, companies, foundations, cities cantons and communities give financial support to our programs. Fundraising is centralized in Geneva, with the exception of the Darién home. This home was built in 2000, thanks to the Th. Johnson Foundation's support and financed until 2013 by our subordinate donors' association, the "Gönnergemeinschaft Spiez", a faithful network of donors from the Spiez region.
Since the dissolution of the association, a new support committee, the "Freunde Kinderheim Hogar Bambi Darién" (Friends of the Darién Home Hogar Bambi) has been actively assisting the Foundation in its fundraising efforts.
Our American affiliate, the "American Friends of Bambi Homes Colombia", makes target-specific contributions to the implementation of certain programs in Colombia.

Administrative cost: the Foundation's secretariat in Geneva coordinate all operations with a staff of two. Salaries, office space and equipment are generously provided by a donor who wishes to remain anonymous. Usually, administrative cost of an organization like ours would make up 20% of the budget, but in this Foundation it is a mere 8%, yet we can rely on professional work. Your donations are therefore transferred to the Bambi Homes in full.